Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sunday 4:44 pm

 Here I am, blogging instead of getting my things ready for my trip. In my defense, I've been doing some of the house chores that have needed doing for a while.  I've also brought in a third suitcase in case I choose to not load the larger one I usually bring.

I've been thinking about whether to arrive at the family homestead as Heather, again. It might just be worth it.  I've got such a nice dress planned for my trip that it'll be a real shame to have to change out of it in the car. Life is too short.

I'm really looking forward to this trip but as my parents get older, I fear that the inevitable will happen before I arrange another trip.  Mom's health isn't great and Dad's not all there mentally. 84 is a long life and they've had some great experiences. This trip will hopefully fulfill some of Mom's wishes before she leaves us. She wants to see where her family was laid to rest in New Hampshire.  My Dad's been reluctant to leave the house for any lenghty trip for a while, I suspect it's because he's familiar with the surroundings and being away from familiarity will be hard to deal with. We're planning an overnight trip, too.

I'm starting to think about telling Mom about me. 

It's going to be an adventure. We'll see how this goes. 

I'll share some details when I return.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment