Thursday, October 24, 2024

Nails. Halloween. Celebrities.

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow's Friday and by the grace of my employer, I'm off work. And I'm looking to get into a bit of mischief! I'm getting my brows waxed and for the first time I'm getting acrylic nails done! I have an appointment booked for late afternoon with my adult daughter and maybe the youngest kid, too. I'm hoping to get a length of a minimum 1/4" beyond the tip of each finger. Right now, some of my natural nails are about that long and I am able to work and type without interference. I intend to get a bright red gel coating to really stand out.

I'm so excited about this. I've told the women at work about my plans. Many of them are going out to the desert for a weekend of frolicking at Dumont Dunes to ride in their quads or side X sides. And yes, at least 4 of the women and their families/friends are going on this trip, probably at least 15 of their immediate family members are going to be there.  I've never been there; People say it's a fun atmosphere. I'd hoped to take my dirt bike in the past but it never happened and I'm not sure if my knees can handle the abuse at my advanced age (59). I've not ridden in a few years. We'll see.

Next week brings Halloween. I'm dressing up, of course. I was away last year because of my Mom's illness and subsequent passing. This is the first year for me to be "out" and celebrate work Halloween. I think one of my co-workers is disappointed that I'm going as Heather and not the way I dressed when I started working there. She said it would be fun. Meh, I have the pleasure of living as Heather and the drudgery of living in boymode. Heather will win, every time.  

I put an email out to the office today, reminding everyone that we're permitted to dress for Halloween within certain guidelines. I hope we get some other participants. I'll always be "over the top" for work Halloween but now instead of office girl, I'm able to glam it up and my youngest kid bought me the dream dress.  I'll be wearing a copy of the iconic white Marilyn Monroe pleated dress. I'm so excited! In my office email, I mentioned that we'd have at least one celebrity impersonator.

Election day is coming and I don't know if I'll be wearing that to the polls or I'll choose a different dress but I've gone to the polls the last few times as Heather and you know that I can't break that tradition.

Please remember to vote. We need every registered voter to protect our rights and our Nation's Constitution by choosing Kamala Harris and her running mate Tim Walz. As a trans person, the alternative is far too frightening.

I'll do my best to get photos.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend. 

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment