Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday night!

 I've worked overtime for about six weeks. 


I AM TIRED.


Ten hours per day, five days per week excepting two paid holidays: The day Nevada became a state, observed on the last Friday of October and Veterans Day. 

I have gone to work at six AM and worked until five PM and suffered through everything the long hours brought to the table.

Getting to work for six means I have to be awake at 4:30 AM with a goal of being in bed by ten PM. At the beginning I was not very good at getting to bed on time. In the last few weeks I did much better until yesterday. We had appointments in Vegas. The last appointment was at 8 PM we got out at nearly 10 PM and after the drive, arrived home around 11:30.  We had made a stop at Costco so there were perishable items in the car that couldn't be left in the car overnight so after unloading and getting the medicine into our elderly kitty I finally hit my pillow at midnight.


Today was the last day of overtime, at least for now.


What does tomorrow bring? Another busy day. I'll be volunteering. Another long day. Starting at 7 AM but hopefully it'll only last until 3.


I hope Sunday will bring a day where I can have recreational time.


I say all this because we all need to remember to make time for ourselves. Don't drive yourself to an overload, it isn't worth it. 

As I'm sitting here, the old kitty is staring at me. He's demanding dinner.


Good night, y'all.


Heather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment