Friday, December 21, 2018

Just do it?

I do hope to be able to bring Heather to work daily rather than only on Halloween.  I am not shy about buying my dress at Dress Barn nor am I shy about the fact that I was able to fit into a size 24.  I think coworker Gina was upset because I'm a size smaller than she is.  She even said she has some dresses I'd be able to fit into!  I don't think my secret is safe at work!  The fact that wearing a dress or skirt requires no belt is another winning fact that I tell my female coworkers.
Like Nike's tagline says, I should "just do it"...

2 comments:

  1. Be careful. Depending on the state you live and work in, you might not have any protections to keep you employed. If your coworker knows, you can't be sure that a secret will be kept.

    There are a lot of people who transition at work successfully. If this is your goal (transition), get your affairs in order, take to others about your plans, refine those plans, then implement them. Most HR departments in large firms are familiar with the issues of TGs, though they may not yet have dealt with them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marian for your insight. I appreciate your info. Luckily my employer has very strong rules about protecting all workers. Considering it was a formerly conservative state, the gender protections of Nevada employees are pretty strong. At this point, I'm in no position to make any advances to real physical changes. Financially, I'm not ready and I know that I'm going to need to "talk" to someone professionally about taking real steps toward physical change before actually doing something.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete