Saturday, December 15, 2018

Thoughts

Hello again,
I've been thinking about society and the way people are.  When you're a person identifying as something outside of the "standard response" as I do, it is hard to become comfortable.
I'm not implying anything in this and it is just my observation, women struggled for acceptance in modern society and in many ways they have succeeded in being accepted as the true equal.  In many cases, a woman can aspire to any job or position in any industry, yes there are jobs women still haven't been invited to hold.  Does a sensible woman really wish to be Pope, RC Priest, leader of the Mormon church, etc?
She can (mostly) wear anything she chooses to most places. 
She can travel independently in the western world; male or female, in 2018 I would never go to Saudi Arabia or places like that.
She has power over her body.  I know that this is contentious in 2018, there are plenty of threats to this from the "religiously infected politicians."

I see articles online about trans-people, begin to feel good when I read them and proceed to the comments.  These are articles telling a survival story or a "how I got here" tale.  Nearly every article has people in reply attacking the trans community for existing.  It is infuriating to see this.  We have a series of laws guaranteeing equal protections under the Constitution but using their "freedom of speech" the commenters attack and insult the trans community. 

Like the debate on abortion:  if you don't like abortion, don't have one.  It is not any person's right to decide for another, equal person. This is a matter that was settled in the 1970's. 

I believe healthcare is also something protected and must be available, affordable (free or reasonably priced) and guaranteed for all.  Yes, if we had better access to mental health services, our society would be much improved.  I feel that I'd benefit from MH counseling, it may help me understand my dysphoria. 

I think to myself often about who and what I am and how I express myself.  How would I benefit if I were to speak candidly with someone about the two personalities inside this single body? 

No comments:

Post a Comment