Saturday, March 28, 2020

End of week two.

Hello y'all!

I'm still working in the office.  There are ten of us in the office. There were eleven but her husband is home sick. Yes, a co-worker's husband is sick. My town of about 38000 has no "test kits" available so there is no way to be sure of what his affliction is.  My co-worker will be working from home for about two weeks. I admit that I'm feeling far more stress than any person should but I know that my situation is not bad.  We have plenty of food, all the vehicles have a decent supply of fuel and my family still ok. 

I have the next four days off from work.  I advised my wife that I'll be spending all of my time "extra girly." I have nails painted a deep red and for the first time in a while I applied makeup.  My choice of lipstick really makes my face look "washed out."  I also used eye shadow and mascara.  My ample brow was trimmed way back. I have never thinned them out as much as I did this morning. 

I was planning to go to the desert with a friend on Monday but out of a sense of fear, we're not going. My plan for Transgender Day of Visibility may be renamed Transgender Day of Socially Distant Visibility. I think I'm still going to take a drive to a place where I can go for a nice walk into the desert.  Heather's never been out hiking but she is itchin' for an adventure.  If I do take a walk, I'll try to take some photos. It will be nice to add some color to my page.

Have you noticed that people seem to be going stir crazy? My little town had four fairly major criminal incidents this week.  A guy was angry about an internet outage and when he didn't get an answer which satisfied him, he called a bomb threat to the police. Later that night, a young man had stabbed someone.  The police tracked the suspect to his residence and in the process of speaking to his mother, the guy started firing a shotgun at the two responding officers. The officers returned fire. The suspect is deceased and one of the cops was shot but is expected to eventually recover. Then I heard about a high speed chase along our main highway.  Some woman in a BMW was arrested after the police and highway patrol safely ended the chase. The police found the woman's two kids in the car.  The last incident was where a woman was shooting a gun in a neighborhood.  She was safely taken into custody and as far as I know, nobody was injured. On top of those wretched acts, a Nevada Highway Patrol officer was murdered yesterday.   It happened in northeastern Nevada, near Ely.  Tragic and senseless. 

On a similar note, my very conservative uncle posted a meme on Facebook.  The meme was saying how some wingnut is outraged that relief money is being "given to the Kennedy Center and PBS."  Times like these are exactly why we need funding for the arts and humanities. We have millions of children staying home from school.  I would rather them watching the educational programming on PBS than other "over the air" daytime television.

People need to calm down, acknowledge their stress and find a way to reasonably blow off steam. 
Becoming Heather is one of my primary ways of finding refuge. Heather has a calming effect in my life. When I'm Heather, I feel there is a part of her who is my "Jiminy Cricket," the one who is making sure Heather's being the best person she can be.   Heather does have her faults. She likes to buy new clothes and she may have an overabundance of bras... and I have not bought anything in months!  Such is life.

Have a safe week, please!  Keep your distance if you are near other people.  Wash your hands.  If you feel sick, it is imperative to stay home and stay away from others.  Don't touch your face.  Cough into your elbow or sleeve.

Love and respect to all.

Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment