Sunday, March 22, 2020

We've survived the week.

Greetings all,

March 22 is here. Week one of the new time has passed.  Lots of things have happened in the course a few days.

When you see the social media postings thanking everyone still working, remember that there are people who are always forgotten in these lists.  Everyone working in Social Services Agencies, Unemployment Departments, Food Banks, Community Outreach Organizations, Charitable Organizations, Women's and family shelters and many other groups trying to help their communities through this trying time. 

Even with all that is happening, I'm still hoping to have plenty of time to spend on March 31. We'll see what we're permitted to do by the authorities.  I may not be permitted to take my two days off simply because the office is bracing for a huge influx paperwork.  Whether I take two days off this month or I postpone my time, I have every intention of getting out and being visible. 

For now, I have the time at home to be myself. At work, I'm always "under dressed."  I think I've not been to work braless in over two years. Some days, I'll wear nylons or my black tights, other days I wear knee-hi's and occasionally it's regular socks.  It's just what I do.  I always wear patterned, button-up shirts. I don't know if the bumps from the bra closures are visible or if the seams show when I'm wearing a racerback sport bra.  Honestly, I don't really care!

I know that many people are struggling with the social distancing, items in short supply, worried about paying bills or losing medical coverage.  If you are out of work, do these things: File for unemployment, file for your state's medicaid coverage, file for your state's SNAP program.  The worst thing that could happen is they won't approve it.  Even if you think you can manage by using your savings or the resources you have on hand, it may take a couple weeks for your first paycheck when the employers call you back.

One last bit of motherly advice.  Call your family and friends.  Catch up with an old friend.  Do a well check by phone, it may just brighten their day.

Love and respect

Heather.

ps. stay healthy, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment