Tuesday, June 29, 2021

January 17? Where have I been? OMG!

 Hi friends,

Yeah, I guess it has been a while. I'm busy. Working. Volunteering. Family. Busy.

I've been out and about a couple of times in the months since I've visited my little blog.

Yes, I went with my wife for a drive to the candy store in Beatty, Nevada and afterward we had a picnic in the ghost town of Rhyolite, NV.  It was the first time the two of us went out with her and me out of the car, shopping with me dressed.  It was a fun day,.

In the middle of April, my wife and I bough a "new to us" used van.  It's 12 years newer than our newest vehicle with much lower mileage.

Shortly after buying the van, I went with my daughters to the "Pirate Fest" in Vegas back in April. I wore a peasant skirt and embroidered blouse that my ex-wife gave me.  We had gone back in 2018 and we'd had a good time. This one was the first big event in Vegas since "lockdown." There was a mix of people practicing Social Distancing and mask wearing and a mass who threw caution to the wind.  Aside from the nightmare of trying to park, we had a fantastic time.

On June 6, my wife and I took a long drive toward Reno, NV. We really only drove about 240 miles before turning back toward home but it was a nice drive out and about. I wore one of my favorite tops and skirt.   We turned around near the California border un US Rt 6.  It was nice to once again be out. if you're ever in the Tonopah, NV area, there are some amazing bits of history out there.  

And for some BIG news, I'm driving across the county! I will be renting a vehicle in Vegas and going on a long excursion to see my parents. The vehicle is a Dodge Grand Caravan being rented from a company that rents campervans. What I'm renting is going to be a regular passenger van. I'll be bringing my own supplies for camping. I'm going for two full weeks plus a few days.  Heather will be able to stop along the way to see some of my favorite places I've seen online. Did you know that there are webcams located along railroad lines?  We discovered a bunch of cameras on Youtube and have become huge fans. I hope to be able to be spotted on the webcams at a couple of the locations.

My goal is to stay at campgrounds along the way, stopping when I get tired.  I don't think I'll be outing myself to my parents or other family members but who knows.  When I get to the family homestead, I'm going to help deal with some of the clutter to make it easier to to access parts of the house that need to be repaired or replaced after 63 years, repairs include the replacing garage door, bedroom windows and front door.  With other things to be done in the future.  I have a feeling that I'll be very busy while I'm there. There is plenty to be done there. My Mom has told me that she's planning on packing up some stuff for me to bring back. I also have a few things I will be asking to take to clear space at the house. 

While I'm there, I will probably visit my wife's brother and maybe some of their friends and possibly her estranged sister to deliver some mementos.  I may be adventurous enough to visit brother as Heather but sister will meet the other persona. Her brother has close friends who have transgender children and I'm really not concerned about acceptance. Sister, if she's still living where she was, is a very, VERY conservative person who lives in a world where image, opinion and appearances are important. My wife drove across country and sister was uncomfortable with my wife sleeping in her car in the driveway because "what would the neighbors say?!?"

Okay, it's nearly midnight. 

I'll post more soon.


Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment