Thursday, August 4, 2016

Hello again.

As I sit at my desk with my glistening nails, diamond studs in each ear and blue skirt with white blouse, I contemplate the decision to present myself publicly as a female.  I have a very supportive wife and my two adult daughters know my secret.  The reaction from them was a bit underwhelming, mostly a "meh" response but considering the way each of them seems to be an activist for equal rights, LGBTQA equality and stories shared on social media I expected some kind of acknowledgement.  On their last visit, I shared my secret of wearing clothes that match my inner identity and offered some of the clothes I had purchased from thrift stores but did not fit me.  They took a couple of sweaters and blouses from my collection.  Later that evening,  they decided that they were a bit too warm and I shared a couple of skirts and we went to look at the stars and moon through our telescope. 

In my small hometown and considering my current employment, it is not easy to be able to be dressed in public.  One of the issues is that the town is small and very conservative while another of my concerns is that I'm employed in a position in which forty to one hundred or more people come in daily.  This prospect makes me nervous to do something as simple as hold a garage sale with my wife, let alone moving about town en-femme.  I simply do not wish to have the customers served by my employer knowing where I live.  My spouse and I have joked that should we have a sale, I might be better off in girl mode.

On one of our recent trips, my wife asked my if I'd given myself a femme name that I used.  I told her I had not but in the late 90's, I had fancied the name Cyndi but I never used the name.  She offered a number of names but I told her that I would pick the first name she said.  I have adopted the name Heather for my femme self.  It was never a name I'd considered but it feels like a comfortable fit.

Until next time...

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment