Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Why am I thankful?

Danger, opinion ahead!

First of all, I'm not thankful for the treatment of the First Americans.  We seem to bless our families and friends, our bounteous harvest, the many material things we possess.  We seem to forget those who were trampled along the path. 

Tough question, but here goes. 

I am thankful for:
My voice.  I am proud to be able to voice my opinion and to sing along with the radio among other things.

My family.  Three great kids, seven cats, parents, sister, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends.  All of them exposed me to crazy, funny, smart or outrageous ideas. 

Health.  Relatively good health, all around. 

Home.  We've got a good spread out here in the desert!  The cats seem to approve of it.

The ability to be myself.  I'm glad to be able to do what I do.  I like my choice of clothes.  A skirt, camisole, blouse, stockings, heels, painted nails, mascara. 

Am I going to a turkey dinner on Thursday?  I think so.  I'm not thrilled by the seventy mile drive out and back.  It will be nice to see family.  Thankful that I won't have to cook.  Thankful that I'll be able to wear my favorite skirt for the drive home.  Then, I'll make another round trip Friday morning for my scheduled blood donation and maybe some shopping.



Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment