Monday, December 26, 2016

Hello friends,

Today is my last weekend day.  What do I have to show for those three days?  Saturday, we went to see my kids.  Sunday, we didn't really do anything.  This morning my wife's phone rang.  Wife's bestie called looking for help building a shelf at the local animal shelter.  I was more than happy to give her a hand.  It was a great feeling to be there, knowing that something I'm doing will improve the experience that all the cats in the building have.  Of course, I'd like to have our friend meet Heather but I'm just not ready.  I just don't want to jeopardize the relationship between my wife and her friend.  Yes, there is always the argument that if Heather isn't accepted then maybe it is better to not be that person's friend.  I don't feel that there would be an issue with acceptance but don't want to mess up their friendship.  Just not worth the risk....

Next thought:  As a person feeling as though they're living with two distinct personalities, I try to keep my life as stable as possible. I don't want to add stress to my existence, before becoming an administrative assistant, I worked at a retail store selling RV parts and scheduling installation of those parts or repairs on privately owned RVs.  I would carry the stress of my day's work home far too often.  I'd love to have the luxury of spending 100% of my time as Heather but reality and life make that an impossibility.  I would like to spend a greater amount of time as Heather in the coming year.  I also have set a goal for myself of taking a full Heather vacation.  I've got a need to go away whether it means taking our little RV to a nearby resort or really going away.   It is that time in my life. 

Shoes:  I've seen people comment about the lack of pretty, colorful or "stylish clothes" available in larger sizes and I agree and feel that this applies to shoes, also.  I'm looking for shoes that are seasonally appropriate but in my size I am only finding athletic shoes or ones that are more dressy than I'm seeking.  The biggest problem is that there are no local stores that carry larger sizes in the styles I want.

Hope your last week of 2016 is nice.

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I am a very tall lady with large feet and have a really hard finding shoes as well! My suggestion is to check "adult" shops. I have found sizes going up to 14 there. All types of shoes like heels and platforms were available in a variety of sizes and width. I hope you find some cute ones!

    Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will try this. I recently found a pair of Clarks on Amazon that was available in a 12ww and they were not terribly expensive.
    Sorry it took forever to reply. Not used to this platform and just noticed your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - What is your shoe size?

    I'm a men's size 11-D (normal width), which translates to a woman's 13-W (wide). I find nice shoes online at Avenue.com (their brick and mortar stores are closing. Not sure of the online site.) Amazon.com and 6pm.com. Hunt around - they do exist up to a 13-W, then you'll be stuck going to specialty stores.

    ReplyDelete