Saturday, December 24, 2016

The question that I was asked.

My spouse often asks me the same questions, over and over again. 

Do you love me?
Are you happy?
Can I stay another day?

The answer is an unconditional yes, every time.

She tossed me a new one on Thursday: "Are you satisfied?"

Heather has been "out" for about a year, now.  I'm very happy with that decision and for the most part, I'm satisfied with my life.  There are things I would love to have and for things I'd like to be different.  Financially, I am nowhere near what I want to have to support us after retirement.  Physically, I enjoy good health with only a couple of joint issues that cause pain.  Work...as long as I'm working for someone else, it'll always just be a job.  In terms of Heather's existence, I have things that I strongly desire but I know that some are possible/realistic and some are just a pipe dream.  I just need to keep her on a dime-store budget.

We're heading into a new year and I'm looking to spend more time living life my way.  I fully intend to spend more time on the town.

Today is Christmas Eve.  Wife and I will go to the city to spend time with my daughters, who are aware of Heather.  I'll also visit a good friend to deliver some trinkets.  At least part of the trip will occur in a skirt and blouse.  The only issue that I have is a lack of winter footwear.  I will need to find a store that sells something in my size.  Payless lists large sizes on the website but I've not seen any available in my area stores.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment