Monday, October 14, 2019

3 Saucy Wenches at the Renaissance Fair

We went to the fair and I've spent my second day dressed in public within two weeks.  Life is good.

The original plan for Saturday was to spend a couple of hours finding something to wear for Halloween with one daughter and then pick up the other daughter and go to the fair.  Reality is always different from the plan.  I left about 30 minutes later than I'd planned and learned while driving that both daughters were interested in going shopping.  I arrive at their home to find that reality is always different from the plan!  They weren't quite ready and once they were, we decided to just head to the fair.  I'll update later about shopping for the Halloween outfit.  It's pretty great!

When daughter 2 and I went to Pirate Fest last year, I never felt comfortable with myself.  Because of that, I kept my large hat low and covering my face.  After finding self-confidence in Provincetown, I had no problem feeling comfortable.  I wore my hat over a long bandana to keep the sun off my head but it never was covering my face nor did I walk with my head held low.  After the sun was lower in the sky, I removed the hat and just wore my bandana. 

We strolled the fair for about six hours.  In that time, we: met up with friends of both daughters, enjoyed a picnic lunch and visited many of the merchants.  The other attendees were dressed in clothes ranging from average street clothes to elaborate Renaissance garb to Highland garb to Pirate to Anime to CosPlay to Furry to almost nothing.  "Almost nothing" woman was wearing a chainmail bikini with a single "string" of chain in back. 

Walking through to fair, I saw some people who I think may have been participating in the cross-play as I was.  Their choices of attire were pretty amazing.  Kind of a SteamPunk look in black with the trenchcoat and so-high heeled boots.  Another was just in a medieval style peasant dress.

Our day was well spent at the fair.  Three saucy wenches were out and about.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my story!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment