Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October 11 is National Coming Out Day

Hi again,

From the headline you may have an idea of this post's theme.

You're partially correct if you think I've shared my gender concept with someone.  I recently spent a week with my parents and sister.  They are somewhat aware of my Halloween exploits.  I told my Mom and Dad ALL about my experience from Halloween 2018.  From the shopping trip to buy the dress, going to the supermarket before work, the boss telling me I'd earn her respect if I managed to wear my heels for the entire day, the "trunk or treat" and handing candy to hundreds of kids, going to a friend's office and helping her, dinner out and winning second place in a costume contest.  Last year when I told them, I held back the best part of my tale.  I told my parents that because I was so busy with all the work we did last Halloween, I missed out on my chance to early vote as Heather and that It really was a disappointment.  I told them how I raced home from work the next day so I could change out of my work clothes and into the same clothes I'd worn the previous day to cast my ballot!  My parents told me that they thought I really pulled off my look well.  Also told me that they were impressed that I was confident enough to do it.  I threatened to bring Heather next time I visit.

Thank you for stopping by!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment