Saturday, October 19, 2019

Three quick bits. Quick? LOL!

Shopping for the outfit.  When we went to the Renaissance Fair, we were also supposed to find something to wear to work on Halloween.  The timing wasn't right and I chose to only do the fair with the daughters.  I had to go to the city again on Sunday and I knew that there would be plenty of time to find something.  I had laid out a plan to check out Kohls, Dress Barn and Target.  I tossed those plans in the bin and went to a Savers store near the house of my daughters.  I hadn't been successful lately finding anything I like at that location but gave it a go, just in case there was some spectacular outfit for our group "Golden Girls" plan.

I found a couple of interesting tops, a nice "peasant skirt," and a pretty floral dress.  All had the right "look" but none were perfect.  There was a nice velour top with an attached beaded blazer in the formal aisle but I was not able to match it to a skirt.  I'd settled on the idea of the dress with a blazer over it.  Then I found a two-piece yellow suit, short sleeve blazer and very pleated skirt.  New with tags, even!  Huge shoulder pads, too!  Perfect for a late 80's early 90's old lady look!  My only concern is that I'm going to look like Big Bird.  I'll need to get stockings or something for my legs and maybe a sheer blouse for under the blazer.  I bought the pretty floral dress, it's even reversible. 

After doing the necessary errands, I went back to see my daughters and their Mom.  I'd replaced my shoes with sandals after the temperature climbed and still have my toenails painted from the Ren Fair.  My ex asks who does my nails. Me. It's all me.  I haven't had a professional mani-pedi since 1989.  She was saying that her boyfriend has nasty toenails. (Without paint, my big toes aren't great.) I told her that we need to schedule a spa day for the bunch of us.  Now to get him onboard with the plan.  I then went on to tell her about the three saucy wenches at the Ren Fair.  She loved the way the three of us looked.

On the way home, I called Mom and Dad.  Mostly to say hello but also to tell them about seeing the daughters.  We chatted for a while and I told them about attending the Ren Fair, ALL about the Ren Fair.  They were once again impressed with my ability to be Heather.

I've also told the women at work about the yellow skirt suit.  The "Golden Girls" is publicly known so I had to brag that I've already got my Halloween outfit.  One co-worker said she thinks I enjoy buying women's clothing more than anything.  She does have a point but I'd rather wear them than buy them.

I have a feeling my "big secret" is not so much of a secret.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment