Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Another first, another self outing.

 Hello! 

On of my closest friends has recently undergone a surgical procedure. I don't exactly know what was repaired but I know that something in the boy parts or rectal region has been bothering him for a number of months. His Mom has been staying with him to help with his recovery. She was supposed to return home tomorrow.but will stay at least another week. While here, she's rented a car and the agreement was to turn it back in today but she's staying another week. I had offered use of my car and yesterday, my friend called asking if I'm still willing to lend my car and he offers his truck for me to use. Of course! I'd do almost anything for this friend. I told him I'd be down tomorrow (which is tonight) after work.  

After talking to him yesterday, I'd started working on a plan. Will I head home to change before driving an hour and a half? Do I bring a change of clothes and change along the way? Do I just go directly after work? I told him I'd call mid-day to confirm when I'll be down. Today comes, I call him on my way home for lunch and let him know that "I'm leaving directly after work and will be wearing exactly what I wear every day to work." I know that he had no clue about what I meant by very specifically saying that.

During lunch, I check the fluid levels and top the wiper fluid. After work, the car takes me to the city without incident, stop at a carwash, stop at Costco to fill the fuel tank and go to his house. Ring the bell, Mom answers and I say what I said when I arrived at my family's house last November, "I look a bit different now." She greets me and ask how everything is, asks after my wife and my parents. It was nice.

I haven't driven a vehicle with a manual transmission in four or five years. I haven't driven a vehicle with a manual transmission in HEELS since 1998 or 1999!  

Everything went well taking his truck home.

Another adventure in the books. Another outing, too.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment