Sunday, October 30, 2016

Well said, Tim Gunn

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/tim-gunn-fashion-industry-needs-makeover/#.WBZpGGAQ49w.facebook 

I think what he is saying is great.  It doesn't go far enough, though.  I think the sizing conventions need to be re-addressed.  I should be able to buy the same numeric size from any manufacturer and get a comparable fit.  Also, only have one sizing convention.  Eliminate something, too.  Why is there a juniors size, regular size and a woman's size.  I've found nice clothes that were marked XL but I don't know what tiny person would be considered XL in that world. 

The next thing is...Tim Gunn left out our demographic.  What the Hell is the big idea behind clothing not readily available to women, trans or genuine, who may have a longer torso.  I don't want to wear a camisole, tank or blouse that fits like a "belly shirt."  Then there's the lengths of women's pants.  Do they think that all women have the same inseam?  And... the lengths are two inches apart.  In men's sizes, I can get a 29, 30, 31 or whatever.  Jeez.

Rant over.

ps.  I would love to be a model on "Project Runway!"  It would be fabulous to be fit with clothes made just for me! 

Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment